Saturday, June 24, 2006

God heals, saves and gets us free (the voice of the silent friend).

A Psalm of David. A Song at the dedication of the Temple. I will praise you, O LORD, because you have drawn me up, and have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and You have healed me.
O LORD, thou have brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those who had fallen down.
Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved."
By thy favor, O LORD, you had established me as a strong mountain; you did hide your face, I was dismayed.
To you, O LORD, I cried; and to the LORD I made supplication:
"What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it tell of your faithfulness?
Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me! O LORD, be you my helper!"
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; have given up my pain and made me wear gladness,
that my soul may praise you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you for ever.
(Psalms 30:1-12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home